International » How to Apply to be an International Student
How to Apply
Fill in the Application Form, Tuition Agreement, Medical Form, Extreme Sports Authorisation, and either Homestay Application OR Designated Caregiver form (see links to the right)
These forms must be signed by your parents. They may be submitted to The International Student Manager by email/post/fax.
Please ALSO attach:
- Copy of passport
- Copies of last 2 school reports with verified English translation
- Evidence of Medical and Travel Insurance if booking your own
- 1 page English essay entitled ‘Why I want to study at BDSC’. Write this without help.
Applications will not be processed until all documents have been received.
PROCEDURES ONCE AN APPLICATION HAS BEEN RECEIVED
Documents are checked and assessed
Offer of Place is made and Fees Invoice sent
(Fee payment by Bank Transfer into School Account is recommended)
- Fees received and evidence of Medical and Travel insurance sighted
- Confirmation Offer of place/Fee Receipt is sent
- Submit your application for a student visa to New Zealand Immigration
If there are no current available places, the parents/agents will be notified and will be given the option of being placed on a waiting list.
Placement in a particular Year or class is at the discretion of the Principal.
This may be dependent upon class numbers, English language proficiency and any other school assessments.
Acceptance is no guarantee of the availability of all courses. Course availability will depend on student numbers and whether the student meets pre-requisites.
In addition to the conditions listed here, all conditions that are part of the contract with parents, the fees refund policy and other school policies also apply.
- Students wishing to sit New Zealand Qualifications Authority exams will need to demonstrate the equivalent of an IELTS level 5 ability.
- Students and parents/legal guardians must accept and abide by rules regarding behaviour and conduct that apply to all students. Unacceptable behaviour may result in the termination of tuition.
- Because class placements are decided on the evidence of assessment after arrival in New Zealand, all information given before enrolment about placement on courses and in classes is provisional. The school reserves the right to adjust placements and individual programmes at any time, if it is in the student’s interests to do so.
- The student will attend the school on all occasions when it is open unless prevented by illness or other urgent cause.
- Tuition may be terminated if the student fails to comply with the school rules or breaches the conditions of their visa.
- Tuition fees will be paid in full before enrolment, or before enrolment is renewed (whichever applies). All additional costs will be paid promptly, as required.
- The conditions of the Fee Refund Policy will be accepted
- All students are required to have travel and medical insurance for the duration of their period of enrolment. The school can arrange insurance unless students choose to make their own arrangements, in which case proof must be provided that the insurance purchased is adequate. The school will keep a record of the policy number.
- The school’s complaints procedure for international students will be used to deal with grievances.
- The student and/or parents will provide academic, medical and other information that is relevant to the wellbeing and course placement of the student.