Students may live with one of the following:

  • Their Mother or Father who may apply for a Guardian visa to accompany them to NZ. The Guardian may not work while in NZ.
  • In a school-approved homestay.
  • With a family member or close family friend known to the student's parents. This is called a Designated Caregiver.

Note:  Students may NOT live alone, or in accommodation shared with friends, even if they are over 18.

Our Homestay Families

We have wonderful host families who give students the chance to experience the Kiwi way of life as part of a caring family, and help them to develop their English language skills.

If you would like to host an international student, read more in our Host Family Appeal or download an Application Form (.pdf).

Homestay Application