- Subject Fees - Some practical subjects have a charge for materials or workbooks used. Outdoor Education Fees: $1,000 (Full Year), $750 (One Semester), $500 (One Term)
- Exam Fees - $383.30 entry fees for NCEA Levels 1 to 3 (Years 11-13) must be paid.
- Competitions - Students will have the opportunity to enter national competitions. Typically these are in Mathematics, Science, English and Chemistry. These have their own entry fees.
- School Trips - Day field trips to Art Galleries, Historic Sites etc. - some costs may apply.
- Stationery - Approximately $100 to $150 per year (dependent on chosen subjects. Initial stationery pack is provided containing basic exercise books/files)
- Uniform - Approximately $350 to $400
- School Camps - Some subjects have extended camps as part of their field work. Costs will vary.
- Textbooks - Supplied on loan free of charge (However, there will be a charge if books are lost or damaged)
- Homestay Placement/Caregiver support - These are paid once on enrolment, however the school reserves the right to charge further fees in the event of more than one change of homestay/caregiver.
- Homestay Moves - The first move is free. Any subsequent moves at the request of the student/parents will incur a fee of $100.
Approximate age for each Year Level
- Year 9, 13 Years
- Year 10, 14 Years
- Year 11, 15 Years
- Year 12, 16 Years
- Year 13, 17-18 Years
Botany Downs Secondary College has a Fee Protection policy to safeguard the fees paid by International Students, in the unlikely event that the school may not be able to commence or continue to deliver tuition to the international student. The School’s Board of Trustees guarantees to hold in reserve sufficient funds to meet the requirements of any refund in these circumstances.
- The administration fee is payable on enrolment/re-enrolment. It is non-refundable.
- Homestay fees must be paid in advance to Botany Downs Secondary College.
- Medical and travel insurance is compulsory for the duration of the student’s course. It can be arranged through the school with Unicare Travel Insurance. For more information on this policy please Unicare Travel Insurance website.
- Short term tuition (for one Term) can be arranged. Please apply to the Director of International Students.
- All prices have been quoted in New Zealand Dollars.