Get information on all courses that may be offered at Botany Downs Secondary College in 2017 for our Level 1, 2 and 3 students, as well as information on National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA).
Option Books for 2017:
- Level 1 - 3 Option Book Information, 2017 (.pdf)
- Level 1 Option Book, 2017 (.pdf)
- Level 2 Option Book, 2017 (.pdf)
- Level 3 Option Book, 2017 (.pdf)
Option Selection Sheets for 2017:
- Year 10-11 Option Selection Sheet, 2017 (.pdf). IF you have been instructed to use the Accelerated version, please download Year 10-11 ACCELERATED Option Selection Sheet, 2017 (.pdf)
- Year 11-12 Option Selection Sheet, 2017 (.pdf)
- Year 12-13 Option Selection Sheet, 2017 (.pdf)
(Option selections closed Wednesday 24 August 2016 for Year 11-13 students, and Wednesday 31 August for Year 10 students.)
Selection of Options
The selection of option subjects is important and should be made with personal reflection and open dialogue between students, parents and staff. Our Careers department is able to help students seek information about the vast range of university courses and careers now available.
- Level 1: English, Mathematics and Science will be compulsory and students can choose three other options from a wide range of subjects.
- Level 2: Only English will be compulsory and students can choose 5 other options.
- Level 3: There are no compulsory subjects and students will choose 5 subjects.