Applications close on Friday 22 May at 4pm
Full Time, Permanent. 7MU and 1SMA.
Due to a promotion, we are seeking an educational leader with strong pedagogical understanding and pastoral care practices that enhance student wellbeing for success. You are a passionate person with excellent leadership, organisational, interpersonal skills with a sense of humour. You are a leader with vision, energy, an unrelenting focus on student achievement and the ability to support the strategic and professional leadership of the college.
We are a co-educational, modern learning organisation that offers a vibrant, innovative and highly successful environment.
- Strategic Thinking: articulating and planning for change to improve outcomes etc.
- Pedagogical Understanding: a deep understanding of learning and teaching, and the foundations of curriculum design and/or an understanding of pastoral care systems and processes that enhance student wellbeing for success.
- Assessment Practice Expertise: experience in assessment procedures that ensure quality assured assessment.
- Ability to interpret and make use of achievement or other data in order to lead targeted interventions to improve outcomes.
- Understand school wide operation, e.g. Involvement in or leadership of, school wide initiatives or processes.
- Being able to ‘make sense of’ policy directions and create a culture of trust and readiness for change.
- Be able to develop teachers’ capabilities, understanding the use of evidence (best practice), inquiry skills, adult learning, and social and communication skills.
- Managing complex change through leading collective inquiry that is focussed on improving outcomes.
- Agile leadership.
- Shortlisting process by Monday 1 June 2020.
Meetings with Senior Leadership Team may be held as part of the shortlisting process and prior to Board of Trustees interview.
- Board interviews will be conducted between Wednesday 3 June 2020 and Monday 8 June 2020.
- Starting date for the successful applicant will be the start of Term 3 2020 (negotiable).
Please submit cover letter, CV and download our Management Application Form from our website www.bdsc.school.nz. We also request three of your Referees complete our Referee Request Form. Please submit all completed documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm on Friday 22 May 2020.
Staff and Work Environment
A decile 9 Microsoft Global Showcase College with modern facilities located in East Auckland.
Our professional and highly motivated staff provide intellectual challenge through quality teaching and learning programmes within a safe, supportive environment. Botany Downs Secondary College is committed to building strong future prospects for our students, the citizens and leaders of tomorrow. It is our belief that all students have a potential well beyond the levels of current performance and we wish to work with them to develop their wider range of talents, skills and abilities. We hope students themselves will develop a passion for learning.
Our college has systems in place designed to support the career development of all our staff, including mentoring and training programmes. The Learning Areas are well-resourced and enjoy a collaborative team approach. As a whānau-based school, oversight of learning progress and personal development of students is an important element of providing an excellent learning environment. Botany Downs Secondary College is a modern, innovative school.
Teaching staff are expected to have sound ICT skills and be prepared to participate in the Mentoring, and Co-curricular programmes. Commitment to our vision, philosophy and co-curricular life of the college is a condition of employment.
All applicants to please read
- Eligibility to apply for a position
- How to present your application
- Information about our selection process
View and complete any relevant documentation required * (see below).
Applications to be addressed to the Principal’s PA Yvonne de Graaf and emailed to email@example.com