How to Apply
Our application process is now online
To complete the online process, you will need to upload the following documents:
- A copy of your passport (and visa if you have one)
- Your photo
- Your last school report
- Insurance certificate (if you are booking your own) & policy details in English.
The School’s expectations for student behaviour may be viewed in the School Code of Conduct (.pdf).
Computer Access and Bring Your Own Device
In order to access the school network, students need to agree to the School’s Cybersafety Agreement (.pdf).
For enquiries, please contact:
Acting Director of International Students
Mr Enda McKenna
Post: 575 Chapel Road, Howick, Auckland 2016, New Zealand
Fax: +64 9 273 8551
Once an application has been received
- You will receive an email confirming that we have received it.
- You or your agent will be notified regarding the success of your application.
- If your application is successful you will receive an Offer of Place along with a fee invoice.
- You must then deposit all fees into the college bank account. Details will be sent with the fee invoice. Read more on the Fees
Once payment has been received
- Receipt for payment of tuition fees, and a confirmed Offer of Place will be sent.
Before entering New Zealand
- International Students must be covered by Travel and Medical insurance while in New Zealand. Botany Downs Secondary College can arrange this for you. In the event of an accident you will be eligible for accident compensation under New Zealand’s Accident Compensation Laws.
- You will need to obtain a Student Visa from the New Zealand Immigration service.
The New Zealand Immigration Authorities will require:
- Receipt for payment of the tuition fees
- The ‘Offer of Place’ from Botany Downs Secondary College
- An assurance that accommodation has been arranged (this appears on the confirmed offer)
Each country has additional local requirements which must be met before the authorities will allow a visa to be issued. The New Zealand Embassy or Consulate in your country will advise you on what other documentation is necessary.