This is a whole school event, held on the school field, where all students are expected to compete. Results from this day help the Sports Department select our college team that go to CM Zone and Auckland Champs.
Field events take place in the morning. Track events take place all day with the 100m Finals at approximately 3pm.
need to know…
- In the morning, report to your Admin Class as soon as the bell goes
- Don’t be late to school! (You only have 15 minutes for: Roll call; to get labelled with ID numbers; and to get out to the field ready to start)
- Events must start no later than 9 am
- Age Groups:
- Juniors – aged 12 – 13 years on 1st January 2017
- Intermediates – aged 14 – 15 years on 1st January 2017
- Seniors – aged 16+ years on 1st January 2017
- Water bottle
- Lunch and snacks
- Note, the cafe will be open for half an hour over lunch (drinks and snacks only).
- T-shirt: BDSC PE, or Whanau coloured, or BDSC Sports
- Shorts: BDSC PE, or Sports appropriate (if PE shorts not owned)
- NO denim shorts
On the day
- Everyone to take part
- Timetables will be on display. Make sure you report to events promptly
- The more events you do, the more points you will get for your Whanau
- Most events will have the option of competitive (timed or measured) and non-competitive. You are to choose 1 of these options, not both.
- Your goal is to compete in at least 5 events, 2 of which should be competitive
Because Athletics Day is so busy, a number of events happen before the day. These are:
- Junior and Intermediate 100m – Competitive qualifying heats. TIME: Lunchtime (report to the field asap in PE gear) INFO: Those that qualify under a set time will run in the competitive heats on the day. Those that don’t qualify can still run the non-comp 100m on the day.
- Junior and Intermediate 200m – Competitive qualifying heats. TIME: Lunchtime (report to the field asap in PE gear). INFO: Those that qualify under a set time will run in the competitive heats on the day. Those that don’t qualify can still run the non-comp 200m on the day.
- Competitive 1500m. TIME: 8 am. Meet on the field. INFO: Run as finals. Competitive runners only.
Reminder for 100/200m
- JUNIORS and INTERMEDIATES must run and qualify in the qualification heats held prior to the day, in order to run in the COMPETITIVE 100/200m races on athletics day
- Please see the Sports Office window for names of qualifiers
- All other Juniors and Intermediates that want to run 100/200m on the day are to report to the Non-competitive start line
- SENIORS will run as normal – if you want to run competitively, report to the Competitive start line (no qualification heats required).