This is a whole school event, held on the school field, where all students are expected to compete. Results from this day help the Sports Department select our college team that go to CM Zone and Auckland Champs.
Field events take place in the morning. Track events take place all day with the 100m Finals at approximately 3 pm.
need to know…
- In the morning, report to your Admin Class as soon as the bell goes
- Don’t be late to school! (You only have 15 minutes for Roll call, to get labelled with ID numbers, and to get out to the field ready to start)
- Events must start no later than 9 am
- Age Groups:
- Juniors – aged 12 – 13 years on 1st January 2019
- Intermediates – aged 14 – 15 years on 1st January 2019
- Seniors – aged 16+ years on 1st January 2019
- Water bottle
- Lunch and snacks
- Note, the cafe will be open for half an hour over lunch (drinks and snacks only).
- T-shirt: BDSC PE or Whanau coloured, or BDSC Sports
- Shorts: BDSC PE, or Sports appropriate (if PE shorts not owned)
- NO denim shorts
On the day
- Everyone to take part
- Timetables will be on display. Make sure you report to events promptly
- The more events you do, the more points you will get for your Whanau
- Most events will have the option of competitive (timed or measured) and non-competitive. You are to choose 1 of these options, not both.
- Your goal is to compete in at least 5 events, 2 of which should be competitive
Because Athletics Day is so busy, a number of events happen before the day.
Changes 100m and 200m
For both the 100m and 200m we hold competitive and non-competitive (participation) options.
This year, if you wish to run in the Competitive Heat on the day you MUST sign up at the sports office between Monday 11 and Friday 15 Feb. This applies to ALL age groups.
By signing up you are committing yourself to run in the competitive heats and must report to the competitive start line on the day.
If you do not sign up to run competitively you should report to the Non-Competitive start line where you can gain participation points for your whanau.