This is a whole school event, held on the school field, where all students are expected to compete. Results from this day help the Sports Department select our college team that go to Central East Zones and Auckland Champs.
Field events take place in the morning. Track events take place all day with the 100m Finals at approximately 2.40 pm.
Need to know…
- In the morning, report to your Admin Class as soon as the bell goes
- Don’t be late to school! Report to your tutor class on the 8.45am bell (You only have 10 minutes for Roll call, to get labelled with ID numbers, and to get out to the field ready to start)
- Juniors – aged 12 – 13 years on 1st January 2024
- Intermediates – aged 14 – 15 years on 1st January 2024
- Seniors – aged 16+ years on 1st January 2024
- Water bottle
- Lunch and snacks
- Note, the cafe will be open for half an hour to purchase drinks and snacks only.
- T-shirt: BDSC PE or Whanau coloured, or BDSC Sports
- Shorts: BDSC PE, or Sports appropriate (if PE shorts not owned)
- NO denim shorts
On the day:
- Everyone to take part
- Timetables will be on display. Make sure you report to events promptly
- The more events you do, the more points you will get for your Whanau
- Most events will have the option of PERFORMANCE (timed or measured) and PARTICIPATION. You are to choose 1 of these options, not both.
- Your goal is to compete in at least 5 events, 2 of which should be competitive
100m and 200m
For both the 100m and 200m we also hold Performance and Participation options.
If you wish to run in the Performance (timed) heats on the day you MUST pre-register with using the online form sent to your school emails. This applies to ALL age groups.
By signing up you are committing yourself to run in the Performance heats and must report to the Performance start line on the day.