BDSC is part of an incentive with AUT called the MyFuture programme. We work together to help students get the best out of school and pathway into tertiary education. View a video of our student Robyn Edeams, who participated in the July holiday workshop.
MyFuture is a personal and academic development programme developed by AUT that works with South Auckland secondary students, their schools, families and communities.
What the MyFuture programme does
- Supports regional development goals by establishing clear pathways from secondary school into higher education
- Helps participants increase their academic skills, investigate future career prospects and build aspiration for higher education
- Participants are encouraged to prepare for higher education from a younger age and supported to choose appropriate subjects for their career aspirations
- Includes regular visits to the South Campus to break down perceived barriers to higher education, and establish relationships with student ambassadors who will act as role models
- Career and subject selection
- An introduction to university life
This year builds on the Year 10 programme and focuses on:
- Personal and academic development
- Subject choices and future goals
- Study skills
- NCEA revision
Students and their parents attend four in-school and on-campus workshops.
This year focuses on:
- Ensuring that students maintain momentum and aim for excellence
- Tips and strategies to get through Year 12
- Helping students stay motivated and inspired
- Teaching students how to cope when pressure builds up
This programme aims to ensure students are ‘Talking the Talk & Walking the Walk’. The team’s aim is to provide students with key communication skills to:
- Enhance their leadership skills
- Equip them for future interviews and networking